Wednesday, July 24, 2013

     I am running myself ragged this week. I know this because i have had a fairly exciting couple of days but have come home too tired to blog... heck... i'm too tired to call my boyfriend and tell him about it (Sorry Chris!)
      Monday was (as i hope you know) the Royal Baby birth/announcement.  Therefore, i was on "royal baby watch" all day.  This sounds way more exciting than it is.  Basically, it consisted of me staring at the live feed of the door and wall outside the Ludlow Wing outside Saint Mary's hospital in case the couple came out.  Which, they didn't.  There was the random town crier. In case you didn't know (i certainly didn't) that guy is in no way associated with the royals.  As our foreign editor said, "its a guy who wears a hat, gets drunk and runs around making announcements." Fair enough. He seemed pretty excited about his fake job and got plenty of media coverage.
      The next day i went to watch Good Morning America from the control room.
Or, i thought i was just going to be in the control room but i got to go to the studio for the second hour.  The first hour i got to watch how they handled the Royal Baby coverage.  This was the day they got to make the announcement but it was raining in London where Amy Robach and Lara Spencer were.  It damaged their mics and ear pieces.  The whole studio was in a frenzy 5 minutes before show when this was happening.  The executive producer said we were taking them whether you could hear them or not! They picked up their cell phones and the mics miraculously worked but it was definitely stressful.
     I got to go into the studio next.  The guests were the hosts of project runway and Cate Blanchett.
They were all so nice.  The studio was pretty full of camera men but there were a total of 3 interns in there so the guests were excited to say hello to us.  Heidi Klum and Cate Blanchett both said hello to me and would look over sometimes and give me a wink and a smile! It was pretty cool and Heidi just glows.  Everyone else just kindof disappears around her.
       I then went to work and wrote a dot com story and watched for the Royal Baby to make its first appearance and St. Mary's.  My dot com story was on some mosquito patch they are coming up with so you don't have to use spray.  Obviously i get the most coveted stories.
       Today, i did another story .  I think this was my most involved one.  Some rare bird was spotted in New Mexico so i got to interview a lot of people and do a lot of research.  I think it's my best one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment